amplified speakers

From: Brian Ketterling (
Date: 2003-02-05 02:04:18

Hi all --

I just got a standard satellite/subwoofer PC speaker set to use with my 128. 
  I'm wondering: is it typically okay with these to tie the left and right 
inputs together to this mono source?  If not, do I have to build some sort 
of op-amp splitter, or could I couple the inputs with the 1.0 uF 
polypropylene capacitors that I happen to have on hand, like so:

                       +------> to left input
                      === 1 uF
128's line-out >-------O
                      === 1 uF
                       +------> to right input

Thanks! -- Brian

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*

       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Archive generated by hypermail 2.1.6.