Re: Technical name for +4/C116 keyboard connector?

From: Anders Carlsson <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:53:08 +0100
Message-ID: <5EFEE7A21369453DB4B0FC0926863861@ryds>
Rob Clarke wrote:

> Does anyone know the correct technical term for the keyboard connector
> used on Plus/4's and C116's?

Isn't it the same type of ribbon cable as found on ZX Spectrum and plenty of 
other systems? Not that it helps you much in terms of naming it, but you 
might get leads (no pun intended) on how to source new or repair existing 
ones. However I've read it is awfully difficult to repair the ZX ribbons.

RWAP Software calls the ZX-81 connectors Molex, but I think that is rather 
is a brand name?

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

Anders Carlsson

       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Received on 2012-01-09 14:00:25

Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0.