Hallo Michał, As Gerrit wrote: > They tend to mutate into a short circuit internally. I also hobby a lot with old PCs with AT-style power connectors. These can be swapped. When testing boards and not paying enough attention, I did swap them. The result, depending on the the PSU: in some case nothing at all happened but most of the time the PSU made this high pitch sound. And then I knew I either hadn't been carefull enough with placing the connectors or some condensors on the board were making trouble. In 99% of the cases this were original IBM boards. I then connected an heavy duty PSU and simply waited until the faulty condensor(s) went PUFFFF :) Remark: do this outside your house because of the smell! Remark: see it as a positive sign that your PSU is still making sound. -- Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen www.Baltissen.org Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing listReceived on 2015-01-03 10:00:04
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0.