Re: flat 128 KB for 128D KB

From: ken ross (
Date: 2005-09-25 13:34:52

>Can a flat 128 keyboard replace a 128D keyboard? I attempted this by rounding
>the edges of the flat 128 KB connector so it would connect to one side of a
>male-to-male 25-pin D cable and pluged the other end into the 128D. The
>computer came on, but the keys, if they responded at all, produced the wrong
>characters -- space bar produced E, etc.  Rolf

i've not checked inside my 128D  however ,
i had an 8096-sk without a keyboard for a while ~ i found that commodore
had just used a jumper cable to get from the keyboard connector on
motherboard to the DB25 socket on the front case ,
so i just plugged in a keyboard from an ordinary 8032 onto the mother board
~ with a bit of protection for the naked  keyboard sitting on desktop.


       Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list

Archive generated by hypermail pre-2.1.8.