On Wednesday, I got a long awaited package from Reichelt, containing the components for building 20 C2N232 devices. On the very same evening, I soldered the parts I could. (Mounting the MAX232 was the most laborous part, as the chip was in SO16 package, while the prototype board was designed for SO16L, which is much wider. I'll try to get some pictures of the prototype boards later tonight). Yesterday I got the capacitors and resistors that I deliberately excluded from the Reichelt delivery, and yesterday night I soldered them on the board. Luckily I got them in the 0805 package, because 0603 would certainly have been much harder to solder. I was truly amazed when the device worked at the first try. I've now released the hardware and the firmware at <URL:http://www.funet.fi/pub/cbm/crossplatform/transfer/C2N232/>. The cbmlink software is not there yet, as I haven't had time to finish the disk copier and to test the software on all Commodores. Also the firmware may need some changes if I find more timing glitches while testing cbmlink. But that is not an issue, since the circuit board has solder pads for a programming cable. Marko Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list
Archive generated by hypermail 2.1.1.