Help fixing broken keys

From: Professor Dredd (
Date: 2001-04-20 06:23:50

I have a few computers with broken keys, and I just
got done rebuilding one (yes it still works  ;) The
stem was broken off inside the keycap. This is the
most common breakage I've seen in these keyboards. I'm
talking about the + (plus sign) shaped plastic piece
onto which the keycap is pressed.

I have devised methods for removing the stem from the
keycap but I don't know how to repair the stem. Seems
like glue won't stick the broken piece back on the tip
of the stem.

Has anyone had any success fixing these plastic stems?
I'm also interested in hearing other suggestions,
without replacing the entire keyboard.

Get a FREE 6Mb webmail box from go6502! -

As low as 2.99% Intro APR from NextCard! -

PayPal is the FAST FREE and SECURE way to send money! -

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list.
To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail

Archive generated by hypermail 2.1.1.