Hi all! I'm so ****** happy, I succeeded to implement 1351 mouse emulation into my serial to cbm mouse interface ;-). As some of you probably remember, I've been playing with a PIC16c84 microcontroller based mouse interface design since a long time. Last year I still considered impossible to emulate 1351 movements with this small design, but later I realised that even if it's rather hard, it should be definitely possible to do. Since the 16c84 is a rather simple and reduced microcontroller with only one 8 bit non-reload timer it costed me some time to invent a tech where I can generate two independent, cycle exact width modulated pulses while not losing sync with the serial data stream coming from the mouse. Last week I implemented the 'programmable' delay loop routine and the modified serial receiver routine into the code. After fixing the (anyway, very much expected) stupid bugs in the code, the first success came when I ran the 'educational demo' program on the 1351 demodisk and the pointer started to move :-). Still, the mouse driver routines found on the same disk did not show very much want to work at all. I thought my code should lose sync when the POT lines are connected to the joystick port just occassionally (this is the usual case, since the same lines in the computer are used for scanning the keyboard). But fortunately, yesterday I found the answer: my d*mned Final III cartridge just screwed up the mouse drivers IRQ routine. The interface worked O.K. all time while I was trying to fix it. Mbah... :-/. Once running the driver after killing the cartridge, I could see the well expected moving pointer over the screen :-). Expect a detailed HTML doc on funet in few weeks. L. - This message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing list. To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | mail email@example.com.
Archive generated by hypermail 2.1.1.