Hallo allemaal, The 6530 replacement works! At the end I used what was mainly Martin's design. But instead of using jumpers I wired all unused address lines to +5V, that is, A10 and higher. I copied the contents of the 2516 into a 2716 and... nothing. I connected my logic analyser and that one only showed $AA during all reads. After some comparisions etc. I opened the editor of my programming tool and.... all $AAs on the screen. HUH ??? But after some scrolling I found the real data. Then it hit: A0..9 is only 1 KB and a 2716 is 2 KB! In this case the program was residing in the bottom 1 KB. Thus A10 had to beconnected to GND? Indeed this was the case on the expansion board. So I rewired A10 and.... nothing again :( And my analyser only showed nonsense. From frustration I "throwed it in the corner". Today I had some time and within minutes I found out that I rewired the wrong wire: Vpp instead of A10. That probably explained the nonsense my analyser read. FYI: I tested this on a SFD-1001, directly on the main board, thus not using the little expansion board. The Eagle schematic is free, as well as the board that goes with it. -- Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen www.Baltissen.org Message was sent through the cbm-hackers mailing listReceived on 2013-11-02 12:00:06
Archive generated by hypermail 2.2.0.